POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Does anyone know how to fix a... : Re: Does anyone know how to fix a... Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does anyone know how to fix a...
From: Bruce Duncan
Date: 5 Oct 2002 07:55:03
Message: <web.3d9ed27c5fead2ccf53b906b0@news.povray.org>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:

>the main shape of hart is not correct, their is AFAIR a mathematical
>funciton for it (as isosurface) in funcitons.inc (f_heart ?)

I like the shape as it is, wasn't aware that there are 'rules' about these
things :)   I tried the the isosurface heart shape, but it kept rendering
with a line/flaw across the middle, that I could not seem to get rid of.
Beside this shape ( 1/2 a torus, and 2 spheres) renders 'somewhat' faster.

>btw. count/spacing is far to low. What settings did You use, what was ther
>render time / on with CPU+RAM ?

I noticed that too, for this render I think I used 'count 1000000' it took
around 2.5 hours on a P4 1.7ghz, 256mb ram, while I was busy with some
other work (@ work).

I hope to eventually get around to rerendering this on my home pc, Athlon
1.4ghz, 768mb ram. (then I can push the count way higher)